Friday, August 22, 2008

Glow's over folks!

"You don't live here do you?" inquired a just-acquainted acquaintance only a day after I had landed in Sri Lanka.                                                                                                                                     

"How on earth did you figure that?"                                                                                                  

"Coz' you've got that glow..that i'm-on-holiday radiance. The rest of us here have this i've-got-to-get-back-to-work-tomorrow dullness that makes it so easy to single your sort out."

I thought the concept highly amusing..amusing enough to ponder the thought long after my meeting with afore-mentioned personality was over. The very notion of me beaming a  supreme radiance as soon as my flight grounded, and diminishing into a drab demeanor towards the latter fraction of my holiday was a curious phenomenon indeed..curious but plausible.

So when I hit the streets of Colombo I made it a point to make this a personal experiment; single-out the holiday-goers from the residents. I'm not quite sure I was entirely successful. My judgement may have been hindered by what people wore rather than how they glowed.

But now that i'm back, and my 'period of leisure' officially over..I think I can actually feel the sheen leave my face. Maybe that's what was responsible for that tingly sensation I experienced when my flight landed on Arabian sands (technically tarmac, but i'm entitled to poetic license)..or that could've just been my mild aerophobia acting up again. Either way, call me a believer.

Heading back from vacation is a real bummer..and the very thought of getting back to routine is enough to make you want to scream into a pillow. But that's just it isn't it..that's the way the brownie crumbles.

Cheers.

No comments: