Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We Don't Need No Education!

I've come to conclusion (after much thought ofcourse) that being a dunce is the only way to go! Even my average-student status is jumping the gun a bit much, if you ask me. Patience..don't get your knickers/boxers in a twist just yet. Don't i always explain?

So i'm telling you, i've got facts! There's at least one college/highschool dropout at the topmost rung of every career ladder in this whacked out world of ours.

Pursuing a career in IT? Look to Bill Gates for inspiration; he figured Harvard was not good enough for the likes of him!
Aspiring to be a renowned film director/producer? I'm sure Steven Spielberg will be more than willing to stress on the insignificance of education.
How about Kurt Cobain? Sure he had issues, but don't we all love Nirvana? The band..not the state of mind. But then again..whatever works for ya.
Or maybe you dream of one day turning the world around with a mind-numbing, sock-dropping physics theory? Yes Albert Einstein, was a vagabond of a physician in his day.
George W. Bush? Well, since we're discussing truly inspirational figures, (ahem) he must've graduated (at least twice), if you know what i mean! ;)

So I say, relaax. Take it easssy. Take a mid-semester vacation or something! Let those class toppers rough it out coz' in the long run we know that's it's us back-benchers who will rise to the occasion in the end.

Until next time,

Cheers!

4 comments:

shweta said...

I completely agree with you.. I'm still waiting for my "Eureka" moment.. I thought I had it at one point when i was interrupted by a text mssg which said.."Get Down NOW ...and Get some water!!!" hehehehe...

Brilliant blog sweets..will frequent more..:)

Jo Sparrow said...

Right...after this, I'm more inclined to call meself a back-bencher :P
Two things.

One, I love both songs (assuming of course that the second song referenced was Mika's Relax) :D

Two, unfortunately, since most careers already have an incompletely-educated accomplished nutter, I don't think there's much scope for us if we follow suit. There might be hope if we pursue a career in sky diving without training! Imagine how famous we'll be! Okay okay, I've lost it :P
But you get my point...I hope!

AdMan said...

Hey Shush,

Not bad on the blog. Coming from me 2 u, u know that's purty good.

Having said that, I find it utterly hilarious, you telling others to relax on the reading, calling yourself a 'back-bencher' and all.

As I remember, you were always the bookworm. As for back-benching, the benches don't go as far back as where I am, which is generally right out of the class.

Unknown said...

Its so true Shaahima ;)